Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
The mission of WKMS is to inform, enrich, and engage our audience with long-form news and an eclectic mix of music on air and online.
Our goals are:
To provide ethical, thoughtful, and responsive news coverage, providing listeners with a reliable destination for information;
To provide eclectic local and national music programming that offers depth and perspective for our audience;
To develop partnerships with regional institutions that share the mission of WKMS;
To engage our communities in the content we offer;
And to pursue creative, critical, and independent thought, promoting civil discourse among our staff, our communities, and our licensee, Murray State University.