Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Dr. Brad Robertson
Brad's first musical memory was dancing on a Good Humor ice cream cart to "I'm Your Boogieman" by KC & The Sunshine Band on repeat (there are pictures, no, he will not share them). An avid live music connoisseur, he spent high high school/college years as a mobile disc jockey playing dances, parties, weddings, etc. Brad is a Murray State alum (class of '97!) and got his DMD degree from the University of Louisville in 2001. He's the owner/dentist at Dr. Charles B. Robertson DMD, Inc. and is on the boards for the Murray Art Guild and the West Kentucky Highland Society. Brad's amassed an impressive vinyl collection, from which he and John spend hours pulling music for The Jive House.
Funk music originated in the mid to late 60s when African American musicians blended soul, jazz and R&B into a new rhythmic form of music. The Jive House pays tribute to Funk and its heritage by delivering those artists who brought a new beat to American roots music. You'll hear artists from Sharon Jones to Aretha Franklin, James Brown to Baby Huey, Ray Charles to Syl Johnson. Its gonna be fresh, groovy and soulful... and we dare you not to dance just a bit.
Hear The Jive House on-demand:
Episodes will (usually) be updated by Monday afternoon