Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri August 24, 2012
2,800 Troops To Deploy from Fort Campbell This Winter
2,800 1st Brigade Combat Team soldiers from Fort Campbell’s 101st Airborne Division will deploy to Afghanistan this winter.
The Department of Defense announced Friday three units representing more than 9,600 personnel will deploy including Combat teams from Texas and New York bases.
In June officials identified two other units from Ft. Campbell that will deploy to Afghanistan this fall.
First brigade soldiers have worked intensively on culture training during the last year including soldier leader engagement activities.