Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Courts and Law
Fri April 6, 2012
ABA President Bill Robinson Discusses Underfunding of State Courts
American Bar Association President Bill Robinson was in Murray Monday as part of Murray State’s Harry Lee Waterfield Lecture series. Robinson touched on an issue facing many states in today’s tough economic climate: finding the money to fund state courts when the money just isn’t in the budget. Shelly Baskin spoke with Robinson about court funding and what the ABA is trying to do about it.
The full audio of ABA President Bill Robinson’s lecture “Justice on a Shoestring: The Real Cost of Underfunded Courts” is available online.