Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Thu February 16, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 2/16/12
The Senate Judiciary Committee passed a bill out of committee that would make pseudoephedrine available only by prescription in Kentucky.
Governor Steve Beshear is urging state lawmakers to approve a budget proposal that would raise the income eligibility level for public preschool to 160 percent of the federal poverty rate.
Kentucky’s 12-year-old Virtual High School program will end later this year as state officials consider a new approach to online education.
House Speaker Pro Temp Larry Clark has filed House Bill 400 to update the 2007 Kentucky Jobs Retention Act, which helped bring 3,000 jobs to Ford plants in Louisville.
Full body scanners will soon be arriving at Lexington’s Bluegrass Airport and Louisville International Airport.
The fourth and final public forum discussing a possible merger for McCracken County and Paducah governments is tonight at Lone Oak High School at 6:30 p.m.
Front Page Sneak Peek:
Mayfield Purchase Players present "Oklahoma!"