Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Thu June 14, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 6/14/12
Today on NPR: The human body contains about 100 trillion cells, but only maybe one in 10 of those cells is actually human. The rest are from bacteria, viruses and other microorganisms. Now, scientists have unveiled the the "human microbiome," which includes 10,000 species and more than 8 million genes.
Four Rivers Region:
Paducah is conducting a city-wide survey.
Honeywell’s Metropolis facility will resume operations at the start of July.
Hopkins County school clinics are suffering budget cuts.
Around the Commonwealth:
‘A Community Guide to Reducing Obesity’ details local projects in 17 areas of the Commonwealth.
In an attempt to gain fans, Churchill Downs is adopting a new points system for entry into the Kentucky Derby.