Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Wed August 15, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 8/15/12
Today on NPR: Tammy Smith: The First Openly Gay U.S. General
Business (Kentucky and Beyond):
- A New York-based horse racing park wants to invest in Henderson’s Ellis Park.
- Coal mines in Kentucky and West Virginia will send millions of tons of coal to India, under the terms of a 25-year contract that was signed today.
- Kentucky's Lieutenant Governor is pushing clean energy.
- The chair of Kentucky's tax commission says a sweeping overhaul of the state's tax code isn't in the works.
- The recent federal court ruling that Kentucky’s law against selling wine in grocery stores is unconstitutional may affect a similar law in Tennessee.
The Army Corps of Engineers is dredging the Elvis Stahr Harbor at Hickman, Kentucky this week.