Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon September 24, 2012
Army Corps Reduces Barkley Lock Hours
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers plans to reduce operating hours at the Barkley Navigation Lock to save money. The Corps announced Monday it will go from a 24 hour to a 20 hour a day operation, starting Jan. 7, 2013.
The lock will close from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. Corps officials hope the change will free up more funding for maintenance costs. Two other locks on the Tennessee River will also operate on reduced hours.