Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon December 17, 2012
Aviation Brigade to Detail Afghanistan Progress
Leaders from Fort Campbell’s 101st Combat Aviation Brigade will speak with the media today about their first 100 days of deployment to Afghanistan. The brigade went overseas this year to provide helicopter support throughout two regions of the country, including areas where other Fort Campbell units are deployed.
Brigade commander Col. Paul Bontrager will speak about the brigade's progress working with NATO and Afghan national security forces. About 6,000 soldiers from Fort Campbell are currently in Afghanistan. More soldiers will deploy in 2013.