Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon June 4, 2012
Barge Salvage Work Continues
Salvagers are at work on a partially submerged barge near the site of the new US 60 Ledbetter Bridge between McCracken and Livingston Counties.
The barge began sinking during the Memorial Day weekend. Divers are currently inspecting the barge to determine the best way to raise the structure, which supports a 280 foot crane used to build the new span. Contractors say the sinking barge won’t delay completion of the new bridge.