Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
Tue December 11, 2007
By Scott Vander Ploeg
Murray, KY – According to the National Assessment for Adult Literacy, over 40% of the US Population read at a basic or below basic level. What's more is that the percentage of adults with proficient reading skills has declined over the past 10 years. Dr. Scott Vander Ploeg talks about the importance of effective language skills in a commentary he calls Big Words.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his commentary.
Read the text for this commentary here.