Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Thu February 1, 2007
By Jim Michael
Murray, KY – Nearly ten years ago, Kentucky's General Assembly amended a tax law that reduced the amount boat owners had to pay. The move was praised as being good for tourism. But language in the law allows counties to tack on their own tax, in addition to the state. Until now, there was no real way to pinpoint who owned the tax. But now that the bills are going out, it has some owners moving to surrounding states that don't have the tax.
Click the "Listen" icon to hear Jim Michael's report on the Boat Tax.