Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Mon March 5, 2012
Bridge in Cairo Reopening
The US 60/62 Mississippi River Bridge at Cairo will reopen tomorrow after being shut down for over a year. Officials say the bridge was closed to repair a deteriorated floor beam system damaged by an excessive number of overweight trucks crossing the span. The Illinois Department of Transportation says the bridge will reopen to all vehicles with a maximum gross weight of 40 tons and a maximum axle weight of 10 tons.
In other traffic related news, Kentucky Transportation Cabinet officials say utility crews plan to halt traffic for a short time on I-24 in Marshall County this Thursday at midnight. Paducah Power System crews will be installing an overhead fiber optic line at the 24-mile marker near the Kentucky 95 overpass. Motorists are asked to be alert for utility crews at the site throughout the day Thursday. The midnight closure is expected to last around 15 minutes.