Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Mon January 21, 2013
Chamber of Commerce Backs Industrial Hemp
Industrial hemp's repositioning toward mainstream status gained ground with a recent endorsement from the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce.
State Agriculture Commissioner James Comer says the chamber has the kind of clout to get the attention of lawmakers. Comer is leading the comeback campaign for the crop outlawed due to its association with its cousin, marijuana. Lawmakers are expected to debate the issue when they return to the State Capitol next month. But they acknowledge challenges remain, namely resistance from Kentucky State Police.