Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon June 25, 2012
Code-a-Thon Organizations Hope to Spur Innovation in Healthcare
A new competition to spur innovation in the healthcare industry is happening soon in Kentucky.
The Bluegrass Code-a-thon offers a $10,000 prize to the person who comes up with the best healthcare innovation in a single day. Organizers say the innovation can be anything, like a new way to share patient information or a unique smart phone application.
One of the reason we wanted to bring these two communities together, and thats the healthcare leaders and the people who have coding and application development experience, is we wanted to see what new things could be created," says Ben Keeton, the publisher of Medical News, a sponsor of the event.
Organizers hope the event will be the start of a continuing partnership between the healthcare industry and local tech entrepreneurs.
The event will take place on July 7. For more information or to register for the event, go here.