Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mon December 10, 2012
Datebook: December 10 - First Traffic Light Installed 144 Years Ago
It's a universally complex relationship... everyone hates traffic lights, but we're sure glad when they're working. The first lights, outside the British Houses of Parliament in London, looked like semaphore arms with red and green gas lamps, turned with a lever by a policeman.
It’s Monday, December 10
There’s a Christmas Charity Auction benefiting the Merryman House tomorrow at noon at the Country Club of Paducah. Items in the auction include food, gift baskets, holiday décor, jewelry, hotel stays, and more. The auction is sponsored by the Paducah/River City Business and Professional Women organization. RSVP by calling (270) 444-8400.
The Alzheimer’s Support Group holds its regular monthly meeting tomorrow morning at 10. The meeting is at the Pennyrile Area Development District Office in Hopkinsville. For more information, call James Patterson at (270) 886-9484.
The public is invited to attend the Hopkinsville-Christian County League of Women Voter’s meeting honoring women in leadership in Hopkinsville. The meeting is tomorrow evening at 6 at DaVinci’s Restaurant. For reservations and details, call Bonnie Lynch at (270) 885-6554.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.