Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Thu February 7, 2013
Datebook: February 7 - First Untethered Spacewalk 29 Years Ago
On this day in 1984, astronauts Bruce McCandless II and Robert L. Stewart boldly stepped out and away from the space shuttle Challenger, becoming the first people to walk freely in space. Capt. McCandless joked, "That may have been one small step for Neil, but it's a heck of a leap for me."
It’s Thursday, February 7
Murray State University offers a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance session tomorrow from noon to 4. IRS-certified accounting students provide free tax assistance to MSU students and employees, moderate-income taxpayers, and senior citizens. No appointment necessary. Bring photo ID, 2011 tax records, and copies of completed 2011 tax returns, if available, to the Business Building, room 353.
The Murray Art Guild hosts a Valentine Sale Saturday from 10 to 4. The sale features unique jewelry and handmade cards. Find information about workshops and other upcoming Art Guild events at murrayartguild.org.
The Calloway County High School cheerleaders sponsor a chili supper tomorrow at 4:45 in the school cafeteria, preceding the Calloway vs. Marshall County home basketball game. The supper includes chili, a drink, and dessert. The cost is $5 for adults and $3 for children.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.