Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Thu January 3, 2013
Datebook: January 3 - Apple Incorporated 36 Years Ago
iPhones, iPads, iPods... oh my! Apple is one of the world's largest tech companies by revenue, the third-largest mobile phone maker, and the largest publicly traded corporation in the world by market cap, larger than Google and Microsoft combined. If you want to by some shares, right now they'll cost you $547.50 a pop.
It’s Thursday, January 3
The Jackson Purchase Friends of Bluegrass hold a Bluegrass Night tomorrow at 7:30 at the Kentucky Opry in Draffenville. Bands include Rick and Janise Lambert and Ted Belue & The Belue-Grass Boys. There’s an open jam in the lobby before the show.
The Paducah Wastelanders New Year’s Eve Art Exhibition continues Saturday at the Yeiser Art Center in downtown Paducah. The exhibit includes work by regional artists who are natives or long-time residents of the Paducah area. Saturday’s gallery hours are 10 to 5. See details at theyeiser.org.
Market House Theatre in Paducah offers a new trimester of Footlights, beginning Saturday. Classes are available for kids in grades 1 through 12. The Middle and Elementary Troupes prepare a show, and the High School troupe does comedy improv and scene work. Register by calling (270) 444-6828.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.