Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Thu September 13, 2012
Datebook: September 13 - International Chocolate Day
Indulge in International Chocolate Day today, in honor of Milton Hershey's birthday. The US consumes over 3 billion pounds of chocolate each year. I may be responsible for like a third of that.
It’s Thursday, September 13
Land Between the Lakes celebrates the Elk and Bison Prairie on Saturday from 10 to 4 at the Golden Pond Visitor Center. Watch a historical hunting presentation, learn about the benefits of native prairie plants, and take van tours of the prairie. See details at lbl.org.
First Christian Church in Paris hosts an evening of dancing, food, and live music to raise money for East African communities suffering from severe drought. The event begins tomorrow night at 7 at the historic Porter House. Tickets are $25; call 731-642-3181.
Playhouse in the Park presents the final weekend of Big River. The musical follows the irrepressible Huckleberry Finn as he helps his friend Jim, a slave, escape to freedom at the mouth of the Ohio River. Performances are tomorrow and Saturday nights at 7 and Sunday at 2:30. Reserve tickets by calling 759-1752.
Use the calendar at wkms.org to share your community events.