Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Thu July 26, 2012
Discovery Park grist mill near completion
Volunteers at Union City’s Discovery Park are close to completing work on a grist mill that’s taken five years to build.
The Union City Daily Messenger reports the mill’s framework is almost complete and the water wheel is in place. The Discovery Park opens early next year and will feature a one-hundred-thousand square foot, three-storey exhibit hall. The park will also hold a twenty-thousand gallon Reelfoot Lake aquarium and include a theater simulating earthquakes like those that rocked our region in 1811 and 1812.