Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Tue November 4, 2008
Early Voters on Election Day
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – The polls in Kentucky opened at six o'clock this morning. Angela Hatton was on hand to ask voters about their polling experience.
Just a handful of people were out early at the polling place at Hickory Woods Retirement Home in Murray. But some voters eating breakfast at Martha's Restaurant say they waited for twenty to thirty minutes to cast their ballot. Patsy Lampkin says her voting experience went pretty smoothly.
Darrell Overby says there were about fifty people outside of Calloway County High School when he went to vote. Overby says he's concerned about taxes.