Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Thu March 7, 2013
Empty Bowls Gives $20K to Community Kitchen
This year’s Empty Bowls Project came to an end this week with the charity’s coordinator handing a $20,000 check to Paducah’s Community Kitchen.
That amount is $1,200 less than last year even though the event’s coordinator Michael Terra says an additional 200 people showed. He says the contribution decrease was due to increased operating costs.
The Empty Bowls Project is a dinner where patrons buy a handmade bowl to keep and then fill it with food donated by local restaurants.