Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Fri November 23, 2012
Fire Crews Douse I-24 Fire
A semi-trailer fire closed a section of I-24 in Trigg County for most of the morning. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd, the semi was on its way to Miami with a truckload of pears when it caught fire around 5:30 AM.
Road crews shut down the east bound lanes at Exit 65 to allow firefighters to put out the blaze. Todd says a backhoe had to be brought in to dismantle the truck and remove debris. Montgomery Volunteer Fire Department officials say a brake failure may have caused the fire. No one was injured.