Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mon June 25, 2012
Fire in Paducah Kills Two
An early morning fire in Paducah today killed two people. The McCracken County Coroner’s office says Jessica Woods, 24, and her son, Day’von Robinson, 5, died in the fire on Cruse Avenue, that began around 5 a.m. Three other people escaped the blaze.
McCracken County Fire Marshal Greg Cherry ruled the fire an accident. Cherry says the cause was linked to an improperly wired extension cord that was under the bed in Woods’ bedroom.