Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mon February 11, 2013
Fort Campbell Unit Completes Afghan Deployment
The last return flight for soldiers from the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division arrived at Fort Campbell this weekend. The brigade’s return marked the end of a 9-month deployment to Afghanistan.
About 65 troops from the 1st Squadron, 75th Cavalry Regiment, landed at the post on the Tennessee-Kentucky line Saturday night. The brigade was deployed as advisory teams in eastern Afghanistan that helped to transition combat operations to the Afghan army and police. The returning troops were nearly all senior leaders, and most had been through multiple deployments.