Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Roads & Highways
Thu December 6, 2012
Graves Co. Teen Dies in Car Crash
Mayfield teenager Kimberly Fortner died this morning after her car was hit by a log truck. The Graves County Sheriff’s office says the 17-year-old turned in front of the semi driven by 45-year-old Kendall Thompson of Tennessee.
Fortner was pronounced dead at Jackson Purchase Medical Center. Her 14-year-old passenger Julia Fortner is at the hospital for treatment. Thompson was not injured. Police closed the roadway for around four hours to investigate the crash.