Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Thu December 14, 2006
Hanson Elementary School Part 1
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – Hanson Elementary School serves 529 students, and has been operating since 1928. Recently Kentucky Interim Education Commissioner Kevin Noland visited Hanson Elementary to celebrate the Hopkins County school's achievement in earning a National Blue Ribbon School award. Kate Lochte interviewed principle, Deanne Ashby about how the teachers and students approached the task of becoming a pacesetting school and how they earned the prestigious award.
Click the "Listen" icon to hear part one of Kate Lochte's interview with Deanne, DeDe, Ashby.