Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mon January 21, 2013
Henderson Jail Chosen For Drug Abuse Program
The Henderson County Jail is one of three chosen by the Commonwealth to house a new substance abuse program.
Henderson County Judge-Executive Hugh McCormick says the program will involve 50 female inmates being lodged at the jail at one time for six months while undergoing treatment. He says state payments to house and treat the inmates will help stabilize the jail's finances. The program is expected to begin in March.