Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Mon July 2, 2012
Henry County Wheel Tax Drop
Henry County, Tennessee, has reduced its county wheel tax by more than half two years ahead of schedule. The yearly tax went down from $34 to $15.50 this month with the start of the fiscal year.
The county levied the tax 13 years ago to pay a $5 million bond over 15 years on its new jail. The county paid off the bond in May, two years ahead of schedule. Henry Countians pay a wheel tax on all registered vehicles.