Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
It Was A Good Year For...
Tue December 27, 2011
IBM Sees A Big Boost As It Turns 100
In 2011, IBM's stock rose more than tech hotshots Google and Apple. IBM is 100 years old, but it has totally remade its business for the 21st century.
"There is no such thing as an IBM PC," declares IBM managing partner Adam Klaber. More than 83 percent of their business is now services and software. The NYPD hired IBM to track crime. Telecom Bharti Airtel wanted to build wireless coverage in 16 African countries, so they went to IBM.
Oh, and which supercomputer became Jeopardy champion in 2011? IBM's Watson.