Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri December 7, 2012
IL Gets Grant for Early Childhood Education
Illinois is getting almost $35 million of federal aid for early childhood education. The Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge grant is funding a website informing parents of the quality of school programs in an effort to help them find the best place that matches their children’s needs. The money is also going toward professional development for early-childhood teachers, investments in efficiency, streamlining program administration and data systems and program evaluations.
The U.S. Departments of Education and Health and Human Services grant is one of 14 given to states to help children who are at risk for academic failure.