Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mon September 10, 2012
IL Gov to use social media to rally on pensions
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn is hinting his so-called grassroots campaign to rally support for an overhaul of the state's pension system will involve social media and the Internet. Lawmakers have failed to come up with a plan to deal with the roughly $85 billion pension funding gap. Legislators couldn't agree on an approach during a special session last month.
Quinn says he'll push forward with a grass-roots campaign to win public support. He' says having the power of the Internet is a good way to get the message out. Lawmakers won't meet again until after the November election.