Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Tue January 22, 2013
Ill Officials to Examine School Safety
Illinois school administrators, teachers and law enforcement will meet today to discuss how to make Illinois schools safer.
Governor Pat Quinn scheduled the school safety summit in the wake of the Connecticut school shooting. Patti Thompson is spokeswoman for the Illinois Emergency Management Agency. She says the summit is a starting point for a conversation about ways to prevent school violence, improve emergency preparedness and make school buildings more secure. Among the agencies invited to attend are the Illinois State Police, the State Board of Education and the Illinois Terrorism Task Force.