Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri October 31, 2008
Ivan Potter: Futurist and publisher of Mississippi River Journal
By Jacque Day
Murray, KY – Ivan Potter is a self-described eccentric. Some call his ideas radical. He's a professional futurist, a line of work that not many people understand. He served the administrations of four Kentucky governors from Louie B. Nunn through John Y. Brown, and helped develop national rural development policy under President Carter. Potter admittedly has strong ideas about how to bring Western Kentucky into the 21st Century. Jacque Day traveled to his office in Clinton. There they discussed this region, which he calls a merging new frontier for our time.
Ivan Potter is a futurist and publisher of the Mississippi River Journal. He resides in Clinton, Kentucky.