Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Thu November 8, 2012
Jerry Wayne Walker Jr. Defense Team Working on Deal
Jerry Wayne Walker junior’s defense attorney says they’re working with Commonwealth Attorney Mark Blankenship to reach a deal before Walker’s next trial date.
Attorney Dennis Null tells the Murray Ledger and Times talks have been ongoing since Judge Dennis Foust denied a motion to dismiss the six tampering with evidence charges against Walker. The charges came after a Marshall County jury acquitted Walker in July on charges of starting the fatal 1998 Hester Hall dormitory fire at Murray State University. That verdict came after a 2001 trial which ended with a hung jury. Walker is set to appear in court next Tuesday in Murray.