Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Mon April 30, 2012
Keeneland Breaks Records
Records in both overall and single day attendance were broken this spring at Keeneland Race Course. Over 40,000 people visited the Lexington facility on April 14th for the Bluegrass Stakes. In total, spokeswoman Amy Gregory says over 269,000 people were in the stands during the 15-day meet.
“We’ve actually been very blessed with some terrific weather this spring. And, we’ve had just some fantastic racing, the support of our horsemen has been wonderful.”
Keeneland also broke its record for biggest single race wagering. Over $1.9 million was bet on the Bluegrass Stakes. And, for six straight spring meets, no horse has died on Keeneland’s artificial track. Racing ended there on Friday.