Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Fri June 22, 2012
Kentucky Law Enforcement to Participate in Nationwide Safe Boating Program
Boaters in Kentucky will be under a little extra scrutiny today as state law enforcement agencies participate in the nationwide Operation Dry Water program.
The operation is meant to reduce instances of boating under the influence and other alcohol use on the nation’s waterways. The effort includes safety messages at boat ramps as well as courtesy boat inspections by Fish and Wildlife officers. KFW boating education coordinator Zac Campbell says the goal isn't to surprise and arrest people but to have no cases of boating under the influence. The agency reports officers issued 188 boating safety warnings last year during the effort, but Campbell says there were no accidents.