Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri May 18, 2012
Kentucky Sues Medical Company for False Marketing
Kentucky is one of 13 states intervening in a 90-million dollar lawsuit against Healthpoint, Ltd. Attorney General Jack Conway and his Office of Medicaid Fraud and Abuse Control allege that a bedsore ointment called Xenaderm is a “less than effective” drug by FDA standards, for which Medicaid coverage is illegal.
The complaint against Xenaderm says Healthpoint actively marketed it to nursing homes as a Medicaid-eligible drug.