Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Thu January 24, 2013
KTC Crews Pre-treating Highways
Kentucky Transportation highway crews continue pre-treating area highways in preparation for a winter weather system that could bring freezing rain, sleet, and/or snow to the region when it sweeps through tonight into tomorrow morning.
The system has the potential to create difficult driving conditions, particularly on the Friday morning commute. However, accumulations are expected to be minimal. But meteorologists warn the system does have the potential to be a high impact event due to the mixture of ice and snow in the forecast.