Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue August 28, 2012
Ky. Auditor's Office Publishes Caldwell, Chrisitan, Calloway Co. Reports
The Kentucky state auditor’s office found several non-compliance issues with the Caldwell County Fiscal Court’s financial practices. The comments came in the 2010-2011 fiscal year audit released today. The report found poor tax record keeping, and a lack of outside review.
The report found too few people shared responsibility for financials in the treasurer’s office and at the county jail. The auditor’s office also recommended the county pass an employee salary schedule. The office also released reports on the Christian County and Calloway County sheriff’s departments. Auditors recommended Calloway County have more than one person handle money matters. They found no issues with the Christian County Sheriff’s Office records.