Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Fri January 18, 2013
KY Employment Numbers Rising
The Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet says the state's jobless rate has dropped to 8.1 percent.
A statement from the agency yesterday said the rate for December 2012 was down from 8.2 percent in November and well below the 9 percent recorded in December 2011. According to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs in the leisure and hospitality field grew by 1,100, jobs in the educational and health services rose by 500 and jobs in the informational and financial sectors grew by a total of 600. Employment fields that posted job losses included mining and logging, manufacturing and government.