Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mon October 20, 2008
KY Fire Deaths
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Police say they have arrested a suspect in the deaths of two teenage girls and their younger brother who were discovered after authorities responded to a house fire in rural Trigg County last week.
State police spokesman Dean Patterson says 35-year-old Kevin Dunlap of Hopkinsville was charged Saturday with multiple counts of capital murder and capital kidnapping as well as one count of rape, one count of attempted murder, burglary and three counts of tampering with evidence.
The victims were 17-year-old Kayla Williams, 14-year-old Kortney Frensley, and 5-year-old Ethan Frensley. The children's mother, 36-year-old Kristi Frensley, was seriously injured in the incident. Patterson says Frensley, still recovering from the ordeal at an undisclosed hospital, is cooperating with investigators.