Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon March 4, 2013
KY Lawmakers Review Redistricting
Kentucky House lawmakers are set to review their redistricting bill in committee. House State Government Committee Chairmen Brent Yonts says a redistricting bill will be unveiled after the House's 2 p.m. session today.
Lawmakers will need to rush to get the matter resolved. Only about nine working days remain in the current legislative session. The Kentucky Supreme Court struck down redistricting legislation passed last year. Justices found the new districts weren't balanced by population and didn't comply with the "one person, one vote" mandate in federal and state law.