Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed January 30, 2013
KY Secretary of State to Take Part in Civic Index Round Table
Kentucky’s Secretary of State hosts a round table discussion Thursday morning in Murray on the Commonwealth’s civic health.
Alison Lundergan Grimes’ visit is part of a college lecture tour focusing on the Kentucky Civic Index, which her office releases annually. The Civic Index focuses on public engagement, volunteerism, literacy and voter turnout. The most recent Kentucky Civic Index showed a massive difference in voter turnout across age groups in Kentucky, with 18-24 year olds at a 19% and those 75 and older at 69%.
Additional panel members include Murray State President Randy Dunn, Dr. Bob Long, and local school district superintendents Bob Rogers and Kennith Bargo. The public discussion is at 11am tomorrow (Thursday) at the Murray State Curris Center Theater.