Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri November 9, 2012
Lattus Ruled Competent to Stand Trial for Shooting of Hickman Mayor
A Hickman, Kentucky man has been indicted again in the fatal shooting of the city’s mayor after he was ruled competent to stand trial. Commonwealth Attorney Mike Stacy says murder charges have been issued against 30-year-old Tommy Lattus for the January shooting of Mayor Charles Murphy.
Stacy says a Fulton County grand jury returned the indictment after officials at Western State Hospital in Hopkinsville ruled Lattus competent. Police say Lattus turned himself at the station the night of the shooting and confessed to Murphy’s murder.