Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Wed December 26, 2012
LBL to see $1 million budget cut
The Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area will have to cut a million dollars from its annual operating budget following across-the-board budget reductions for all national parks. LBL Area Supervisor Bill Lisowsky says this means some smaller roads along with Jones Creek and Rushing Creek campgrounds will be closed.
The two campgrounds will be allowed to return to their natural state, and will only be available by foot for day use. Any road closures won’t affect primary paved roads, only unpaved ones which may duplicate access to park locations. Hours and fees will also change at some of the park's most visited attractions beginning in March, but Lisowsky says there aren’t any plans to increase fees for basic campgrounds without utilities. You can find a full list of the upcoming changes here and here.