Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Thu January 8, 2009
Maiden Alley "Doubt"
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – The film "Doubt" has a strong theatrical pedigree, having won playwright John Patrick Shanley a Pulitzer Prize and garnering a Tony Award for Paris, Tennessee-born actress Cherry Jones, who originated the role of Sister Aloysius, played in the film by Academy Award-wining actress Meryl Streep. Streep is accompanied in this production by fellow Oscar-winner Philip Seymour Hoffman. Add to these talents a controversial and provocative plot that focuses on the damage certainty and suspicion can do, and you've got a film that won't necessarily end when the lights come up.