Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Fri December 5, 2008
Maiden Alley - "The Duchess"
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – "The Duchess" sounds like a thoroughly 21st century movie. It stars Keira Knightley & Ralph Fiennes in a story about a vibrant woman confined in a loveless marriage, who fights to realize her personal power and potential. The film, however, is set in the 18th century, & chronicles the life of Georgiana Cavendish, the Duchess of Devonshire. She was active in liberal politics in a time when women's suffrage was still a hundred years away, although she's probably better known as the great-great-great aunt of England's Princess Diana. Todd Hatton spoke with Larry Thomas about "The Duchess," on offer this weekend at Maiden Alley Cinema in Paducah.