Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Tue June 5, 2012
Mayfield Man Receives 60 Year Army Service Pin
A Mayfield man living in a Graves County retirement center has been honored as the oldest Kentucky member of the Disabled American Veterans. John Baldree (102 in March) has received a 60-year service pin this weekend.
Mr. Baldree's nephew Randie says his uncle was an engineer in the U.S. Army during WWII and helped build airfields in the Philippines and Australia for the Army Air Corps. Randi Baldree says his uncle has told him about the humorous events overseas, but never discusses memories of the Japanese bombings.