Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Tue January 22, 2013
McCracken County Considering Leash Law
McCracken County may soon get a new leash law. The county Fiscal Court is considering expanding a nuisance law to deal with wayward dogs.
Judge-Executive Van Newberry says the existing ordinance only applies when a roaming dog makes someone feel unsafe. County Commissioner Jerry Beyer says the nuisance law is overly broad and residents he's spoken with want dogs restrained, especially at night.